Sunday, February 24, 2008

What this blog is about

Welcome to my Social Security blog. As someone who has enjoyed and benefited from scanning various blogs for news and discussion on Social Security policy, I hope this blog will be interesting and helpful to readers.

The first main purpose of this blog is to serve as a clearinghouse for information on Social Security policy and reform. One of the great merits of blogs is simply their ability to bring existing information to the attention of new readers. As someone who follows Social Security pretty closely, I may see interesting articles or papers that others have missed and can highlight them here.

The second purpose for the blog is to provide a forum where I can comment on Social Security issues and others can post their own views. Blog topics need not be of major importance, meriting a full-length research paper. Rather, if something small but interesting pops up I can post a quick note and others can discuss. Moreover, this can be done in a far shorter time frame than traditional research work.

As a vehicle for my own views, this blog inevitably bears the baggage of my biases and experiences with the issue. At the same time, I follow and learn from blogs whose authors' viewpoints differ from my own, so I am hopeful this blog will be useful regardless of readers' points of view on Social Security reform.

Again, welcome.

No comments: